Monday, April 6, 2009

Cake


This weekend we had another baby shower for a friend (The Tompkins) that is expecting a baby girl at the end of the month. I found a really cute cake design online and agreed to try it since I knew I would be going home before and could get Gayle to help me. In Texas, Gayle and I made the fondant pieces to assemble the 'pea in a pod' topper. We packed it all so that I could carry it on the plane. Luckily the security guards believed me when I told them that the hunk of white stuff in a bag was just sugar fondant (not some explosive) to decorate a cake.
[richard's 2 cents = actually they didn't believe her. Funny enough too, the creme colored fondant in my opinion, looked surprisingly like Composition-4, but I just kept my mouth shut while the Dallas security guard opened the packet and collected a sample of the fondant for analysis. She pinched off a tiny bit and placed it in their High-Tech C-4 analyzer. Not sure what the machine told her, but she didn't want to take our persistance of taste-testing it and instead just sent us on our marry way] All the peices made it back safely. I had trouble icing the cake, as you can see. So I finally just decided to let it have a 'natural' look and told myself not to worry about it. I am very pleased with how the rest of it turned out. THANKS GAYLE!


No comments: