This past week we have had really nice weather in Lewisburg, so we have been taking advantage of it. When we got my Jeep we got a bit of a 'discount' because the back driver side door would not open. The motor in the lock made this awful screeching sound and it was stuck locked shut. I really wasn't worried about this because two of the locks on my old Jeep had done the same thing. We new it was going to cost over $200 to have it fixed, and it was only a small inconvenience so we just put it off until now. When my last two locks did this I was busy in college and just paid to get them repaired. But now I have a Wonderful Mr. Fix-it Husband who would not hear of spending $200 to repair something this silly. So the weekend before last, we started to tear the door apart to see what was really wrong. Let me remind you that it was stuck shut, so that process was very difficult from the inside. We finally got far enough in to manually open the door and that made things much easier. We really had a lot of fun taking the pieces apart and trying to figure out what part did what. Shocking, I know... Of course the motor was completely in cased in plastic, which was the only thing really broken. So we put it back together without connecting the power so I didn't have to listen to the screeching until we found a new part. On one of Richard's afternoons off he found a junk yard that had one jeep like mine. He got the used locking mechanism for $30! Woo Hoo! And that night we installed it and it works perfectly now! Thanks Baby! Now I can open my back door.

When we finished with the Jeep I saw Kaci out of the corner of my eye hopping through the back yard. She was chasing and eating bugs! Here are a few videos that I took. Richard is as much fun to watch as Kaci. She was doing much better than him.
No comments:
Post a Comment