It's been a while since I've written on blog, so I wanted to update everyone on my status. I'm on internal medicine right now, and it's going quite well. I started out on hospital service, which consisted of me pre-rounding on patients at seven in the morning, grand rounds at eight, and then morning report at nine. I would round with the rest of the team until lunchtime and then in the afternoon we would spend 4 to 5 hours doing miscellaneous procedures. I did that for a month, and now I'm on private service. Privates is different every day with pulmonology, cardiology, or G.I., orperhaps a different specialty each day, and its turned out to be a good decision; since I'm taking IM last, it will be a good preparation for my board exams. I have six more weeks before I take my board exam, and with each passing day in internal medicine I can feel myself being more prepared.
Today is Saturday and Tricia and I have not done too much, we woke up and ate breakfast and have just peddled around the house all morning. This afternoon will be a little more eventful because we are going to a Memorial Day party for Dr. Hanlon. Apparently there will be a lot of people there I hear, and there will be plenty of activities for everyone to do. There'll be a pool, hot tub, corn hole, horseshoes, washers, volleyball, and of course free food. We won't stay there very long because nowadays Paige pretty much determines our schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment