

I went fishing today for a bit northeast of Lewisburg. Class only lasted until 3, so a buddy of mine and I drove to Anthony and waded in. The fish weren't really biting and I suppose it is because this stretch of water has been hit quite often. I was however, excited to try my new fluger rod and reel (birthday gift from good 'ol dad). It worked perfect, perhaps the lack of Flipper in my basket could be attributable to the angler; but that is under debate. The water was cold and as you can see from the picture of Ed, we were wading in nothing more than shorts and rubber shoes. The only promise was this little bite you see above; which of course you are only seeing because I was not going to be shut out. He might be a small one, but a notch on the belt for the day nonetheless! West Virginia is beautiful I have to say that, but beautiful I must add because it takes me back to a finer time in life. Just like this last weekend as Tricia and I spent the entire Saturday building boards and enjoying the wilderness, I was reminded of Colorado. The smell of Lilac, the cool breeze of crisp clean air, the green grass mixed in with dandelions, weeds and pines. It all reminded me of Colorado in the summer. You'd have to know where I'm talking about of course, the smells, sounds, looks, and feel of it all. I think it must be a Whiddon thing I'm not sure, but I think 5 know exactly what I'm describing. Its nice up here. Clean and refreshing. Like Colorado.
No comments:
Post a Comment