Monday, February 2, 2009

A snowy week

Its been a while since I have contributed to the blog, but what better day than a Monday, post test, and while its snowing 6" outside? I finished our Gastrointestinal final today, and once more I must say that it was a difficult test. But some of us up here argue that its not really hard, the material, its just that the professors ask us things that we didn't study. Okay, so this sounds obvious and simplistic; if we'd had studied it or knew it, then we wouldn't have these discussions. No, no, no; le' me splain. Objectives for lecture, we do them. Case studies to review, done! Chapters to read, read! The problem is when the professor asks us what we didn't know was coming. Say, something not covered in the objectives or not expected to know. This I suppose is the difference between those A's and B's. I say @#$%$!. I'm getting tired of it. If you want me to know something then tell me, lets quit doing this dancing around each others brains and test me over what you have taught me!
So we've talked, the students and I, and we've come to this conclusion! Medical school sucks and we're suppose to deal with it. So we do, and here we are. Still trying not to screw up and get someone killed, and hanging on by that tiny thread of small intestine that keeps our pants dry. Most of the time, there is so much happening at once around here that we're lucky to retain the name of the patient we just interviewed. As side from all this chaos and miniscule point making that I am attempting to convey, we are doing well; Tricia and I, and the other 165 students that I am in this mess with. Its great really, don't let me mislead you, but at times, we all wonder if we made the right choice. Time will tell for sure but as for now, I'm in love with chaos, obsessed with points (no matter the relevance), and juggling more tasks than I can fit on a 3x5 day scheduler.

So for your own viewing pleasure, I have included in this lovely rant of mine the very sanity we [Tricia and I, and of course the med students] cling to here in West Virginia. For just those tiny seconds of freedom we come to relish upon, these are the moments we love!




1pm today, the radar looked like this

And by 4 when Tricia came home, it looked like this outside




No comments: