It was forecast for 2" -4" of snow today but instead we ended up with about 1" of snow, 1" of sleet and all day drizzle of rain on top. The local schools were cancelled of course, even though the roads weren't that bad. But to my surprise we received an email this afternoon that read, "All state offices will be closed today at 2pm." This arrived at about 1:20. It took everyone about 10 minutes to figure out that, yes, that meant we got to go home at 2! So we packed up and headed home. Apparently the weather was a lot worse in Charleston and the city has had a lot of car accidents this morning. Since they needed to send every one home in Charleston they had to do it for the whole state. We weren't complaining.
DAN don't scroll down!!!He, the father, doesn't know the sex of the baby....
I'm adding some pics of a cake and diaper giraffes I did for a baby shower this weekend. I used my professional consult (thanks Gayle!) and it turned out really well. Just getting the white frosting smooth drove me crazy! It definitely was fun to plan, but I think I'll leave the construction to the professionals.


4 comments:
Awesome! :) Those giraffes were so cute!!
hey loved the pictures today and always a nice story to read see both of you soon and love you dad
we enjoyed your pictures and narrative we love hearing from both see you soon love dad
Haha... Dan definitely was checking out your blog today and saw the "Dan don't scroll down" warning! So, he still doesn't know!
Post a Comment