Thursday, January 22, 2009

Indoor Activities

This past weekend was a frigid one! We had high temperatures in the 20's and teens, and lows of -8 degrees; I'm not sure I remember if it was ever that cold last year. It also seems like if the county schools weren't cancelled then they had a two hour delay most of last week, so I've gotten used to my boss's daughter bouncing around the office. The poor puppies have learned to expedite their potty process. One early morning after dropping me off at work, Richard let the dogs out at a nearby field. Kaci did her business really quick and came right back to the truck, where Richard was waiting no doubt with the heater on full blast. Baloo scampered around looking for just the right spot and once he finished he took a few steps and 'froze.' He wouldn't move or respond to Richard, so Rich had to go pick him up out of the snow. Poor babies!
Since Christmas, Richard has been on the look out for a Nintendo Wii system. He checked every website imaginable trying to get a good deal. Meanwhile, I wasn't totally convinced that this was something we needed. He had plenty of Christmas present money so i knew it was only a matter of time. We spent a few evenings playing Wii with friends and i began to come around. Little did I know ours was already in the mail. Last week we got the Wii system and Wii Fit with a balance board. Since Richard had a test a few days ago I got to spend my three day weekend playing. My arm and back muscles have been sore from all the sports games. Every now and then the games will tell you to take a break and go outside. I just laugh and keep on going; I dont think it knows how cold it is here. We definitely got this just at the right time. This week our Mario Kart game arrived and last night we raced online with friends from here and Kevin & Ali from Texas. We really had a blast!

No comments: