Tuesday, September 29, 2009

17 weeks

Here's my picture from this week. I went to the Dr. this past week and had some more blood work done and did a glucose tolerance test. I wasn't allowed to have any breakfast or water in the morning before the test, then had to drink what tasted like watered down Gatorade when i got there and wait an hour. They took my blood before and after to compare how well my body is handling the sugars. I haven't heard anything from them this week, which means everything was normal.
We go back on Oct 7th for the anatomy ultrasound. This is where they could tell us the gender of the baby if we wanted to know. Most of you know that Richard has been very admit about his feelings of wanting it to be a surprise. I was on board until last week when I knew this appointment was quickly approaching. I've been in what feels like a continually conversation with friends about whether or not to find out. Granted there is nothing wrong with knowing, it definitely make the planning stages easier. And I am a huge planner. But I do agree with Rich that it would be so great to see the gender for ourselves and not be told by someone else.

So this weekend we were visiting some friends and they had friends over from their new church. It didn't take long for the conversation to turn to whether or not we should find out. Or when to have a shower if you aren't going to know the gender. All the girls had children and had great input on why they made their decision. My hardest obstacle has been how to decorate the baby's room. I found a bedding set for a girl that I really love and I don't like most of them. So it's hard for me to chose a neutral set. Richard's opinion ,by the way, is that we only need one color in the room... Maroon! After talking a while and being very close to just telling Richard to get over it, that I wanted to know. One girl looked at me a said, 'We didn't know the whole time I was pregnant." I had this wonderful feeling rush over me! It was like relief and jealousy all at once. I knew deep down that's what I wanted! I want to see our baby boy/girl with no ideas of what he/she will be like before it arrives. So sorry for all those who want us to find out, we've waited this long, 5 more months wont hurt. As of now we'll see how Junior is developing in a week.

I dropped Richard off this morning at the airport for his trip to Boston. He has an officer position for the Student Chapter of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians that he took last year when we went to convention in Las Vegas. He'll be gone from Tuesday to Saturday afternoon. So please pray for our protection while he is away and his in Boston. I just talked to him and he has made it safely and already found guys to split a cab with. He's been working on getting the Residency Expo set up for the past few months. So now he will be able to meet a lot of the residency directors who he has been in contact with. This should help out when he has to start looking for places to do his residency after graduation. I really wish I could have gone with him, but we aren't ready to expose baby to unneeded high altitude flying or for me take 4 days off work, when I'll need them when baby comes.

No comments: