Monday, October 19, 2009

Boston


This posting is a bit overdue, so I'd be remiss if I didn't say I may have inadvertently left out a few details. At the beginning of the month I traveled to Boston to attend the National ACOEP Conference. I held, and proud to say, continue to hold national office as the ACOEP GME Committee Chair. I arrived in Boston via plane and you are seeing exactly was I saw on the way to my hotel. Tall tall buildings parted only by about 30 feet of intertwined streets. The first day wasn't too adventurous, but the next two got a whole lot better.My free hotel room.


One of our lectures, meetings.....


For the first two days, we had a dozen or so meetings for students; filled with ultrasound lectures, central line indications, how to place IVs, how to do a thoracotomy, etc....and then we also got to attend EM physician lectures and just about eat any and all food we wanted, for free. After thos first few days, at the end of my last day, we were granted shore leave and were able to venture around Boston as we saw fit. I made it my goal to see as much as possible in that short 12 hour window.

A random Boston alley

(near Paul Revere's house of course)


The USS Constitution

The Sam Adam's Brewery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, been waiting to see these pic's...they're great. & Boston is a really neat place..hopefully yall can go back sometime..hope all is well, enjoyed talking to yall this weekend., we got that......Tree cut.,WOW., what a job., I'll tak a picture of the trunk, which measured 10feet around!its a monster., hope yall have a great week.,!!MOM&DAD