Monday, March 1, 2010

39 weeks

We are still waiting on Baby! The weekend has come and gone without much drama. We did get the snow as predicted and much of it had already melted by the time we took this picture. We have done a few things around the house to help get ready for Baby, watched the end of the Olympics and of course, eaten very well with his parents. Richard starts his Obstetrics and Gynecology rotation today. He went for orientation this morning but should be back by lunch. For the first 2 weeks he is on night float and will go in at 5pm and stay until 7am. I am delivering in the same hospital where he works so even if he's at work he can check on me and baby. He will have some time off though once baby gets here. We have Richard's pager number in case he's in the OR or can't get to his phone to let him know if Baby is ready to arrive. I know I'm ready!
On a funnier note... last night Richard and I started to give him a hair cut. He started with the guard on the clipper to trim the top part of his hair, so that I would not end up with so much hair on me. Then I do the fade for the bottom and sides. There's really nothing he can mess up this way so he leaned over the tub and began trimming... rather quickly. We were kind of in a hurry because he had a conference call in about 30 mins to plan for his ACOEP conference in April. When all of the sudden the guard popped off and his hand did not stop trimming. So he ended up with a 3 inch strip on the top of his head that was nearly down to the scalp! He had no choice but to finish off the rest of the job with no guard on the clippers. I immediately thought of pictures with Baby, great timing! Oh well, guess Baby will pop out with more hair than Daddy.

1 comment:

Dustin and Gina said...

TOO FUNNY!!! Way to go, Richard!! Tomorrow is the hopeful day!! I can't wait!!