Friday, April 16, 2010

Enjoying Spring

Tricia & I have found a new appreciation for our home here in Charleston. We have a terrific view of nature and the birds and the squirrels, and here lately the weather could not be any more enjoyable. For the past three nights we've eaten dinner out on the patio and have relaxed to the the setting sun and the songs of our feathered flying neighbors. Here is somewhat a taste of our view.
Here is Tricia relaxing out on the porch. Its a pretty good view of our little set-up, a few chairs (thanx to mom and dad back in November) and our impromptu coffee table.



Before we can delve into my Arizona ACOEP conference trip and pictures, I just wanted to show to everyone my gourmet in-flight meal from Continental. No, no, no, seriously; continental did an excellent job with service and in-flight snacks. On the way back from Houston, I was offered a sandwich and drink. And come on, I'm back here in Charleston, safe and sound, with only a few extra exposure hours of rads.


Just a quick snapshot of the front of my hotel. Phoenix turned out to be a pretty nice place actually. Temp was fantastic, and the landscape was a site to see. Then again, from what I hear, this was Scottsdale, which is not the typical Phoenix area.We were originally scheduled to be in a one room Kingsize bed hotel room, and due to some mix-up and the previous occupant not being able to clear the area in enough time for us, we were upgraded to a Preferred Guest Hotel Suite. Below, you can get a quick idea of the room, included with couch, big screen tv, extra large bath, 10th floor pool-view window, and two queen size beds. It was an awesome perk to a great conference week. I could tell early this was going to be a great week!


Here I am walking in the tunnels of the US Airways Center where the Phoenix Suns play Bball. We were given VIP passes to go down where the locker rooms were and wait for the San Antonio Spurs to run out onto the court. It was fun, and more of an experience than anything else really. Tim Duncan wasn't that tall really, I don't see what the big deal is.

This is me and Missy at the conference one morning before all of our committee meetings. What the ACOEP conferences are basically for is to give us a taste of politics and office positions that various Emergency Physicians hold. Me being the GME committee chair, I'm responsible for Graduate Education of all ACOEP students and am the liaison between the national student chapter and the resident chapter. The conferences are a lot of fun, every morning there is breakfast available, and during the day we spend most of our hours either attending physician lectures or listening to student lectures. I had a great time in Phoenix, and am looking forward to San Francisco this coming October.

No comments: