Monday, June 7, 2010

T-minus and Counting

3rd year is about over....11 days left to be exact, and I'm pretty much looking forward to the end of the saga. Starting next Friday, I'll be a fourth year med student, and as you can tell from the right sided ticking clock, I've already begun my countdown to Graduation. Now with that being said, I'm not really looking forward to being a doctor yet; well, yes I am. Its just a bit of an eye opener that I will be a physician in about 352 days, exciting yes! But as for now, I'm concentrating on my board exams on July 7th, and then my EM rotations in July, August, and September. This is where, in my opinion, the real excitement begins. I am finally going to be able to enjoy the environment that I love. Its a bit difficult to explain, but I do love the ER. It has an obvious sense of excitement, and some mystery lies hidden behind the double doors. You don't really know what you're going to get coming through the door even though Vegas odds however might lead you to bet on DKA or reproducable GERD induced angina; I'll double down on the GSW and MVC.
The most recent endeavor that I've undertaken is a few research projects with some local physicians at CAMC. I'm currently working on 2 sets of data collection, and another ER observation study. Where o where do I find the time? I'm actually excited about this EM research, its a good stepping stone for my career, and a not-too-difficult introduction to data collection and analysis. I've never been hard core about research and perhaps this is a big gap in my professional career, hence my interest now in the matter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yayy!!! Your and Kev-o are almost finished.. Can't wait until you all move back closer to home. Or atleast a shorter drive would be nice.
Miss y'all,
Ali and Kev-o

Anonymous said...

love the count down clock....hopefully you'll have a good next couple of weeks., to prepare for you upcoming exam., we're all thinkinf of yall., & love you much...can't wait until end of July!!!., MOM&DAD