Sunday, June 26, 2011

Curise Part 2- At Sea and St. Thomas

Good Morning Swan. The third day of our cruise was at sea on the way to St. Thomas so explored the activites on board.
 I was up first for the Zip line which was right outside our room.
 Here I go! It seems much faster than it looks watching other people.
 It took longer to put on the equipment than the trip. Richard waited so he could get pics of me and then they closed the line down for lunch. We thought we would have plenty of time for him to ride on the last 2 days at sea. But now we know thats what everyone plans on... All the lines were very long.
 Tricia found the Ice Cream Machine!
 Watching a storm roll in
 Enjoying a On Board Show. I tried to convince Richard to enter but he didn't want to embarass the other contestants.
 Since it started raining during the Sexiest Man show we went in to see what the Art Auction was like. We got our number and began to let our jaws drop at the prices, and for replicas at that. Richard kept telling me to go and get a number of my own for the raffle. I didn't feel like squeezing through the seats but eventually I got enough nagging and I went to get my number. Richard won a maraca for being so enthusiastic. And when they started drawing numbers for the raffle the 3rd one called was 1 9 5!
 Here I am when I realized that I didn't win a poster... we won a SPA Package! We enjoyed a wonderful couples sauna and cleansing treatment a few days later, for free!
 A Cupcake Hamburger and Fries
A show at the Ice Rink before dinner. Its hard to see how they get such talent booked every week. 
We were very impressed! 
 A frog tonight with our turn down service.
 Checking out Dazzles, the dance club on board
 Good Morning St. Thomas, well a cloudy morning
 We walked all the way around to the pier before we say them...
 AHHH they were just feet away and every where
 Here is the Dancing Dolphin, the catamara we took out snorkeling. And the Oasis in the background. 
Getting ready to set sail, except the wind was up and the sea was choppy so we went through the harbor.
The Black Pearl, maybe  
 Almost out of the harbor and I'm not so sure about this. Can you see it on my face? The man in the yellow shirt in the bottom left of the picture ended up losing his breakfast and so did his son.
 I took Richard's advice and stood up to help buffer the waves. It did help and I'm glad that I took that nausea pill! I was just nervous about rolling over and of course, Richard loved every minute of it.
 Almost ready to jump into Turtle Cove and Buck Island.
 Yay! We actually got to see turtles! A family of  5!
 Richard was very happy with our underwater case for the camera.
 Some interesting coral. We wished that the sun was shinning more so the colors would have been better.
 Finally getting the hang of it
 Interesting fish like thing
 I took over the camera for a bit and Richard enjoyed diving down to get a closer look. His sinuses were stopped up so he couldn't go down as deep as he would have liked.
 We saw this crab crawling on the bottom and then this guy picked it up! Here he is trying to hand it to me and I didn't want to take it. :) I didn't want to be the one who dropped him on his head.
 So Richard handed off the camera and took the crab. After getting the camera back he didn't attach it to his vest. I got out of the water and then Richard looked up at me as asked if I had the camera. With a very dumbfounded look I said, Noooo. Then we started asking around and the First Mate on our boat spotted it about 200 yards out to sea. Thank goodness it floated! He found two flippers and without hesitation dove in and saved our camera.
And Surf and Turf for dinner! 
 Our tatoos from our excursion
 A silly, tired smile and sporting my new caribbean stone neclace

I think I need to be in charge of the camrea on our next vacation, too many pictures of just me.

No comments: