Saturday, June 25, 2011

Royal Caribbean Cruise Part 1- Bahamas

We filled Paige up with tons of Hugs and Kisses before we flew to Fort Lauderdale for our vacation.


 We stayed on the beach and spent a day walking, shopping and eating.
We had to try Bubba Gump Shrimp while we were on the coast. 
 Then came Boarding Day! We went through all the registration in about 10 minutes, and after sitting in the holding area for 5 minutes they started letting people on the ship. So we had a few hours by the pool before we left port.
 Leaving Fort Lauderdale that evening.
 Dinner our first night. We weren't used to this Royal treatment.
 After dinner we watched "Oasis of Dreams." It was a water/diving/acrobatic show on the stage/pool at the rear of the boat. We watched from our balcony for the next few nights. I was scared for one of hte jumpers.
 The stage and 18ft deep pool.
 Good Morning Paradise Island, Bahamas!
 I'm just making sure our ship isn't going to leave without us.
 Enjoying our Beautiful Beach Day at the Atlastis Resort
 Did I mention that it was beautiful?
 We spent the rest o four day exploring the Aquariums at the resort.


 This guy had his nose tucked under this hemisphere of glass, so I was practically scratching his nose.
 Preditor pool
 Painted ceiling in the aquarium entrance
 Underwater tube in the Preditor Pool
 The Atlantis Towers and the Suite in the bridge between them. Its 25K a night to stay there, with a minimum of 4 nights and 3 months advance booking. Maybe next time ;) HA HA
 The Dig aquarium representing the underwater city of Atlantis
 The enormous Manta Ray is at least 6 feet wide. It scared us when we first say it.
Good Bye Bahamas! 
 Watching the tip of Paradise Island as the ship mauvers out of the port.
 Formal Dinner
 The Promenade shopping area at night time.
 Gloating about my winnnings on my favorite Dolphin slots
Then off to watch the Mavs play in the finals. We couldn't believe how many people we form Texas.

1 comment:

1stgraderocks said...

Hey Tricia-
It's Suzanne from your ABCDE fish camp group. I just went on a cruise to Bahamas also. We were at Atlantis on Wednesday June 15th. When were you there? That would have been crazy if we saw each other there.
Hope all is well! I hope it's not weird that I follow your blog. Your daughter is adorable! I love seeing her grow up.
Take care!
Suzanne (Jean) Rodriguez