Richard had a conference in San Diego and I wasn't going to miss that. We were so grateful that Mammy and Pappy were able to keep Paige for us. Denzil, Richard's fellow resident, was able to go with his wife Amanda, who grew up in San Diego, and they were able to go without their 4 children. What a treat!
Denzil getting his Bib at Dick's Last Resort for lunch.
Beautiful scenery right outside our hotel in the Gas Lamp District.
Incredible Bird of Paradise bloom
Impressive yacht that was parked in the harbor with its own ski boats.
USS Midway Museum in the Harbor
We found the Ghiradelli's shop and got some gifts. Then we went back to stock up for ourselves.
We stumbled upon a car show room. Richard was like a kid in a Candy store when he found this Tesla.
She is his Dram Car.
A little doggie out for a drive. It took a minute to realize his owner was running the controls behind him.
Dinner at the Blue Water Market and Grill. Our first on many fish tacos on the trip. As you can see by the line it's a popular place. It was worth the wait and they were great!
Then Denzil insisted that we go to Extraordinary Desserts. It was hard to choose which one.
I chose the cheesecake and it really was extraordinary, even for breakfast the next morning.
The view from our room.
The panoramic view
We went to see 'Gravity' at an Imax theater. It was AMAZING!
The boys at work spreading the good news of their residency.
So the girls went to visit the La Jolla beach.
The next night we had a fancy dinner. The food was good there too. I think that's all we did!
Amanda and Denzil all dressed up.
Us all dressed up
Breakfast the next morning.
Visiting 'Old Town' San Diego with its Mexican influence.
Then we went to visit the Mission Bay and Beach. As we got to the water I realized I needed to pee. So I ran back before the sound of the waves got to me. I guess Richard thought this was a funny picture.
Ahh much better!
Dipping our toes in the Pacific
We walked out on the rock that make the break walls of the bay entrance.
Showing off my Beautiful Thirty-One Versatile Bag
Another Company Dinner
Cheese!
The last day we visited Coronado Island and had lunch at the Hotel Del Coranoado
It is celebrating its 125 year anniversary
Back in Texas with my girls!
































No comments:
Post a Comment