Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So long, Farewell...

This past weekend we packed up the rest of our things and headed to Charleston. Both of our last days were on Friday and both of us were very sad to be leaving. We didn't realize how fast you can get used to a place. Since Lewisburg was the first placed we have lived as a married couple we will always look back with fond memories of school, work and especially church.

Saturday morning we went to the Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Virginia with the Doctor Richard has been with for the past two months. She and her family took us to breakfast at their marvelous buffet. We got to walk around the resort which was originally built in the late 1700's. We even dipped our feet in one of the hot spring outside the Spa. We did have pictures but they were on Richard's new phone. And since then he has traded it back in for a new one and I think by tonight he will be on phone #4. Some how he keeps getting the ones with manufacturer's defects. Needless to say we forgot to get the picture off the phone.

We have started to get everything squared away in our home on Charleston. Everyday I love it more! Especially now that I get to plan for baby's room. So far that's were all the A&M stuff has headed. We'll start the brain washing early.

I will warn you... Richard has had a few very interesting days in his surgery rotation. Just prepare yourself for some vividly detailed stories to come as he has already began to assist the doctors. He never ceases to amaze me with his confidence/boldness. He came home talking about how he got paired up with another 3rd year student to follow a Dr. that already had a resident and a 4th year student with him. I looked at him and said, 'Yes, that what they told us it would most likely be like in a bigger hospital." Rich said that wouldn't do so he found another Dr and asked him if he could go with him. The Dr. said that would be great, he loves students. In one of the surgeries everyone left the room and only one guy was in the OR. Rich asked what was going on and the Dr. said, oh he's just closing up the wound. Rich said, man I'd like to do that. Dr. said, you should have said something and I'd have let you scrub in. So on day two Rich was stitching up a skin graft. Guess it never hurts to ask.

No comments: