Wednesday, September 9, 2009

6 months and counting... down

We have just less that 6 months until baby is here! I am feeling much better these days and starting to see some changes in my belly. I am still wearing my regular clothes but I have put on a few ;) pounds. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow here in Charleston with a new doc so I'm not sure what I'll actually have done. I'll let you know how it goes.
Lately I have been driving Richard crazy with my pizza cravings. That really isn't too uncommon for me, especially since we've been in WV. For some reason ever since we moved here I've found a new love for pizza. Since I have been pregnant the cravings are a little more intense. Well I'm sure you've seen the commercials for the Pizza Hut pizza with the ring of cheese in the crust... for the past few weeks every time the commercial came on I would have to close my eyes and cover my ears to keep my sanity. Then one evening it hit me! That's what I want for my Birthday!!! My birthday was on Monday, which just happened to be Labor Day this year. Woo Hoo for a paid holiday near your birthday! I told Richard that all I wanted on Monday was that stuffed crust for lunch then left overs for dinner.
I got more than I bargained for! Richard had planned a surprise party for me, complete with surprise decorations and an ice cream cake! We had finally finished getting the house put together this weekend, which now I see was well timed. It was so nice to have our friends over to our new place and cook burgers on the grill for lunch. Of course I had my pizza. I really did have a fantastic birthday! We spent the rest of the afternoon playing games, watching movies and then heated up leftovers for dinner. I think there are a few pics on Rich's phone, but I'll have to get those later.
On a side note, Richard's surgery rotation has been going very well. He had vascular surgery for two weeks with very long hours. He was at the hospital at 5am and most of the time didn't get home until 6pm. This week he started orthopedic (bone) surgery with a private practice doc. I should have recorded our conversation last night when he got home from work. He got to assist with two knee replacements and a hip replacement yesterday. He was so excited that it was hard for him to describe it all to me. My favorite line was, "You should have seen the tools this man had!" I think this was the coolest thing he has seen so far. They suited up in what he describes as space suits because the blood and bone were flying through the whole procedure. Unfortunately Richard's dad just hand knee replacement surgery last month so it was nice that Richard now knows exactly what he went through. Richard said this was the combination of construction, physics and medicine that is right up his alley. My next question.... How long is the residency for this???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we cant wait we will see when mom wants to come maybe october luv u both dad

Anonymous said...

Hey, sounds like Rich had a great trip & you had a good week also., we think its great that yall want to wait to find out Maroon, or Maroon (babys sex)haha., so what makes yall happy is the most important!! for sure., enjoy the blogs., keep them coming., & the pics are great., look forward to seeing yall SOON!!!! LUV MOM &DAD