Dr. Daddy and Baby Girl
I went in yesterday morning and had everything started by 7:30. Richard worked through the night and of course they had a busy night of deliverys and C-sections. Gayle stayed with me while Richard slept from about 8:30 to 12:30. He woke up at the peak of my pain and just in time for the epidural. Things were much better after that. I was fully dilated by 6 pm and only having pain in my right sciatic nerve with contractions. We think it was because of Paige's position and the way she was lying. We waited on my doctor to finish up a C-section, and then got ready to push. Our doctor & Richard got fully suited up and he talked Richard through his first delivery! Richard had witnessed quite a few births this week on his OB rotation and helped with the after parts, but Paige was his first delivery and catch of a baby. I do have to say I was rather proud of my part because we only had to push twice before she was out. I'm sure it was the waiting on our dr that really helped. Anyway Richard got to deliver her completely and everyone did well in not shouting 'It's girl!' I hadn't waited 9 months to have someone else tell me whether we had a boy or a girl. It was a very awesome experience! I'm so glad that we waited to find out.
3 comments:
She is such a pretty baby!!
Congratulations Richard and Patricia. We had been checking your blog from time to time on your prgress. Glad everyone is doing good.
Don't know what happened on the Ed & part and the misspell on "progress". Must be too early in the morning. Sorry! Once again congratulations.
Post a Comment